Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rock is his life

I saw Randy Bachman's Every Song Tells A Story concert a couple of days ago. It was a really great show. Randy can still really play. Here are the songs he did, as I remember anyway. They might not be in the precise order:

  • Prairie Town
  • No Sugar Tonight
  • No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
  • Undun
  • Let It Ride
  • These Eyes
  • Laughing
  • No Time
  • American Woman
  • Looking Out for #1
  • You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet
  • Taking Care of Business

He did an autograph session afterwards. He signed a copy of Jazzthing for me, making it out "To Dropping Pin". (I didn't tell him that it's one word, all lower case.) He seemed amused when I told him that's my screen name.

I said he should play some more obscure stuff when he tours with Burton this summer, and I suggested Of A Dropping Pin and A Wednesday In Your Garden. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but at least someone put the idea in his ear.

I was going to ask if Axe or the Ironhorse albums or the Union album are going to be released on CD, but I didn't get a chance. There were a lot of people wanting autographs.

A small plug for the opening act: blues guitarist Matt Andersen. He can really play. Very impressive.