Sunday, June 11, 2006

Macca playlists - span

I’ve created a number of playlists of Paul McCartney songs, spanning each decade of his post-Beatles career. My original impetus was to expand on the Wingspan 2-CD set that was released in 2001. So I did not repeat any of the songs that are included in that set. I also tried to use at least two songs from each studio album. Plus there were some really good non-album tracks that I wanted to include.

70s Span
1. That Would Be Something || McCartney
2. Junk || McCartney
3. Smile Away || Ram
4. Monkberry Moon Delight || Ram
5. Oh Woman, Oh Why || b-side
6. Love Is Strange || Wings Wild Life
7. I Am Your Singer || Wings Wild Life
8. Get On The Right Thing || Red Rose Speedway
9. Little Lamb Dragonfly || Red Rose Speedway
10. The Mess || b-side
11. No Words || Band On The Run
12. Picasso's Last Words (Drink To Me) || Band On The Run
13. You Gave Me The Answer || Venus And Mars
14. Letting Go || Venus And Mars
15. San Ferry Anne || Wings At The Speed Of Sound
16. Beware My Love || Wings At The Speed Of Sound
17. I'm Carrying || London Town
18. Famous Groupies || London Town
19. Winter Rose / Love Awake || Back To The Egg
20. Getting Closer || Back To The Egg

80s Span
1. Summer's Day Song || McCartney II
2. One Of These Days || McCartney II
3. The Pound Is Sinking || Tug Of War
4. Wanderlust || Tug Of War
5. Ebony And Ivory || Tug Of War
6. Rainclouds || b-side
7. The Other Me || Pipes Of Peace
8. Average Person || Pipes Of Peace
9. So Bad || Pipes Of Peace
10. Not Such A Bad Boy || Give My Regards To Broad Street
11. No Values || Give My Regards To Broad Street
12. Spies Like Us || a-side
13. Press || Press To Play
14. Only Love Remains || Press To Play
15. Flying To My Home || b-side
16. Twenty Flight Rock || CHOBA B CCCP
17. I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday || CHOBA B CCCP
18. My Brave Face || Flowers In The Dirt
19. Put It There || Flowers In The Dirt
20. This One || Flowers In The Dirt
21. That Day Is Done || Flowers In The Dirt

90s Span
1. It's Now Or Never || Last Temptation Of Elvis
2. Lennon Tribute Medley || b-side
3. All My Trials || Tripping The Live Fantastic (Highlights)
4. Off The Ground || Off The Ground
5. Sweet Sweet Memories || b-side
6. Hope Of Deliverance || Off The Ground
7. Winedark Open Sea || Off The Ground
8. I Can't Imagine || b-side
9. I Owe It All To You || Off The Ground
10. Somedays || Flaming Pie
11. Beautiful Night || Flaming Pie
12. Don't Break The Promise || b-side
13. The Song We Were Singing || Flaming Pie
14. Young Boy || Flaming Pie
15. Calico Skies || Flaming Pie
16. Same Love || b-side
17. A Room With A View || Twentieth Century Blues
18. Run Devil Run || Run Devil Run
19. Lonesome Town || Run Devil Run
20. I Got Stung || Run Devil Run
21. Fabulous || b-side

00s Span
1. I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra || Brand New Boots & Panties
2. From A Lover To A Friend || Driving Rain
3. Driving Rain || Driving Rain
4. Back In The Sunshine Again || Driving Rain
5. Riding To Jaipur || Driving Rain
6. Freedom || Driving Rain
7. Your Loving Flame || Driving Rain
8. Something || Back In The US
9. Here Today || Back In The US
10. All Things Must Pass || Concert For George
11. A Love For You || The In-Laws OST
12. Fine Line || Chaos & Creation In The Backyard
13. Too Much Rain || Chaos & Creation In The Backyard
14. Jenny Wren || Chaos & Creation In The Backyard
15. Comfort Of Love || b-side
16. English Tea || Chaos & Creation In The Backyard
17. Follow Me || Chaos & Creation In The Backyard
18. Summer Of '59 || b-side