Friday, June 30, 2006

Quarterly music recap

We’re now at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2006 – the end of June already. I’ve explored lots of interesting music over the last three months. There’s lots of stuff from my musical heroes, and I’ve covered a large timeframe with these selections as well. I’ve continued with highlighting a Beatles album the last Monday of each month, and I’ve even looked at some albums that have not been released on CD.

There’s a substantial amount of Canadian content – which I’m not providing because of any broadcasting rules. There happens to be a lot of Canadian music I really like.

A couple of the selections are even from the 90s or 00s. Though I’ve often said that most of the best music in the world was recorded before 1970, I in fact like a lot of stuff from the 70s and 80s as well. However, never having taken to more current musical trends, like wrapped, hop hip or gunge, I have often felt like the last decade and half has been a bit of a musical wasteland. But on closer examination, that’s not entirely true. (In the next few weeks, I plan to explore a few more newer works.)

So here’s a list of what I’ve focused on over the last few months:

Album Spotlight

Song Spotlight